Ingredients for 20 persons / Zutaten für 20 Personen
- 1000 g chickpeas / Kichererbsen
- 5 onions, cut in fine rings / Zwiebeln, in feine Ringe geschnitten
- 5 cloves of garlic / Knoblauchzehen
- 8 l water / Wasser
- 120 ml olive oil / Olivenöl
- 8 branches of fresh rosemary / Zweige frischer Rosmarin
- 20 slices of bread, roasted / Scheiben Brot, geröstet
- salt, pepper / Salz, Pfeffer
Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water and drain before cooking.
Bring the chickpeas with onions and water in a pot to boil, cover and cook for about 2 hours. Mix fine with a hand blender. Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and rosemary a few minutes. Take rosemary and garlic from the pan and add the oil to the chickpea puree. Place in oven-proof soup bowls, add the roasted bread and sprinkle with cheese. Gratinate until the cheese melts.